Are you facing serious tax debt? Call Us at (888) 210-6290
Debt is always serious, but tax debt can bring a unique set of challenges.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has a number of collection methods
at their disposal, many of which are not available to other creditors.
If you owe unpaid back taxes, you could suffer serious ongoing financial
Some of the debt collection enforcement tactics that may be used by the
- Filing an IRS tax lien
- Applying an IRS tax levy against your personal bank account or brokerage account
- Applying an IRS tax levy against your income as an independent contractor,
or 1099 income
- Garnishing your wages
- Auctioning your property to pay your tax debts
- Confiscating your state income tax refunds
McGough Law Firm, P.A. is Here to Help You
If you face tax debt and collection actions from the IRS, it is important
that you understand your rights and options. Talk to a
Columbia tax lawyer about your case. There could be a solution to your problem of which you
are not aware.
The possible remedies you may be eligible for could include:
- Reaching an offer in compromise with the IRS - essentially a debt settlement
- Negotiating monthly payment plans or "installment agreements"
- Obtaining uncollectible status
- Filing bankruptcy to discharge old income tax loans
Discuss Your Case with a Columbia Tax Lawyer for Free Today
Do you owe back taxes? Are you receiving threats of debt collection from
the IRS? McGough Law Firm, P.A. is prepared to advocate for your interests
and to help you find a solution to the problems you face. Not all of the
options listed above are suitable for every taxpayer. We may, however,
be able to help you achieve a positive resolution to your case. Don't
deal with debt alone.
Call our South Carolina law firm
today to discuss your case in a
, free of charge.